If you are a family member or caregiver, it can be difficult to remind someone to take their medication daily. You should need the best automatic pill dispensers. The vast majority of us must take a variety of medications at some point in our lives. Given our busy schedules, it’s easy to forget to keep our dosing schedule. It is more serious when it comes to our loved ones who suffer from serious health problems. Especially with dementia patients, taking medication on time without missing doses can be difficult.
It is common for elderly patients to skip one or two doses due to a simple oversight. Many times, they try to compensate by taking all the missed doses at the same time, which is dangerous. Therefore, it is important to have a tool that reminds you to take your medication if necessary.
That’s why I have selected the 10 best automatic pill dispensers for solving your medication problem. Without any further ado let’s start!
- Best Lenses For Real Estate Photography
- 5 Best Projectors for Daylight Viewing
- 10 Best Non-Slip Outdoor Stair Treads
- 10 Best Bed Wetting Sheets and Pads for Adults
- 5 Best Lenses for Nikon D3100
Top 10 Best Automatic Pill Dispensers
1. GMS 28-Day Automatic Pill Dispenser
GMS 28-Day Automatic Pill Dispenser has one of the most vital designs available in the market. This product has a transparent cover that lets you see how full or empty it is. It also has 28 compartments, each of which can hold up to 18 aspirin tablets.
The quality has been reported as fairly average because the alarms are reliable. If you prefer a simple design, you may like this one. GMS included a one-year warranty at no additional cost, making it one of the most popular products.
This automatic pill dispenser uses four AA batteries to set off alarms. Four batteries are included with the purchase.
- A large pill container.
- Very effective for older people with dementia.
- The timers are easy to configure.
- Small pills can be uncomfortable to go out.
2. MedTime e-Pill Automatic Pill Dispenser
MedTime e-Pill automatic pill dispenser is designed for the person with a complicated medication schedule. The medication tray has 28 compartments that can hold up to 18 normal tablets. It comes with two locking keys to protect your medication.
To remind you to follow your schedule, the distributor allows you to configure up to 6 alarms in a day. Alarms can be accompanied by a flashing light to alert you wherever you are. Each alarm can sound for up to 30 minutes or until you take your medicine.
In case you have a hard time holding things, this distributor has a grab. The medicine drops into a steel cup at the bottom where you can easily pick it up for swallowing.
- Two lock keys prevent others from changing your medication.
- 6 alarms and flashing lights guarantee you never miss a dose.
- Suitable for people with dementia or Alzheimer’s.
- The BPA-free construction and the stainless steel cup don’t further complicate your health.
- The batteries only last one month with continuous use.
- Difficult to open for people with arthritis.
3. Epill Monitored Automatic Pill Dispenser
The Epill-monitored pill dispenser is probably one of the best options on the market. But don’t worry: this automatic pill dispenser comes with all the bells and whistles. The electronic pill works with four AA batteries, but it also has a power cord.
To access and monitor the parameters, you have an electronic display that displays the date. It also displays time, the amount of energy, the current volume level, and the configured alarms. A light will flash while the alarm is ringing.
Because it is so expensive, it is not so popular. But many people say that it has large containers of pills. It can hold up to 20 tablets the size of an aspirin. And, with the ability to send notifications to a caregiver, this product is worth it.
- It prevents the patient from taking the medication until the scheduled time.
- Ideal for long-distance / independent care.
- May contain larger than average tablets.
- More expensive than most products.
4. Medready 1700 Medication Dispenser
The MedReady 1700 medication dispenser has been designed to look more industrial. Similar to a small home alarm, this bluish-gray pill dispenser doesn’t have a transparent top like most.
Whatever its design, the MedReady has a noise and light alarm as well as 28 compartments. The compartments can hold 9 aspirin tablets.
It is powered by a cable. If it is disconnected or if there is a power failure, it has a backup battery to keep it running.
- Easy to use.
- Strong enough for people with hearing problems.
- Backup battery lasting up to 3 days.
- It can be difficult to remove the pills from the containers.
5. e-Pill MedSmart Voice plus Automatic Pill Dispenser
Medsmart automatic pill dispenser has several compartments that can hold up to two dozen tablets at the same time. This means that you can just charge the dispenser and forget about it for a month or more.
The LCD screen helps you set the alarms. You can configure up to 6 daily alarms with voice reminders. Voice reminders are more user-friendly than song reminders. There is also a flashing light that works in conjunction with the alarm.
The voice distributor has Bluetooth capabilities. This means that you can set the alarms with your mobile phone. You can also view your medication intake history on your phone. Bluetooth works as long as it is not more than 33 feet from the distributor.
- Bluetooth enabled for remote configuration.
- Suitable for dozens of tablets at a time.
- It has a backup battery that can last up to 2 months.
- The pills are secured with two keys.
- The alarm sounds one hour until the medication is taken.
- The watch restarts automatically, which results in missed doses.
6. MedaCube Automatic Pill Dispenser
The MedaCube automatic pill dispenser is equipped with 8 small containers and 4 small containers. These containers can hold up to 90 days of pills.
You don’t need to classify drugs – just pour them in and the classification will be right for you. Up to 12 different types of medication can be stored in this dispenser.
Designed for the forgetful person, this dispenser will send an alert to family or caregivers by e-mail or SMS. This makes it more difficult for you to miss a dose. The alarm settings are a touch screen and easy to use.
You can configure custom audio to act as an alarm. But in the event of a power failure, the backup battery will operate for 24 hours.
- Easy to use.
- Personalized audio
- The 24-hour backup battery.
- Spacious, with up to 90 days of pills.
- There are no significant drawbacks.
7. LiveFine Automatic Pill Dispenser
The LiveFine pill dispenser promises a lot and answers many of these claims. A dispenser that can hold up to 18 aspirin tablets in each of the 28 compartments. It allows you to easily manage a full monthly cycle or more complicated daily plans.
Up to six times a day, an alarm can be set to take medication that the act of dispensing stops. All the drug taker has to do is lift the device and give them the pills to take.
Everything is very simple and LiveFine provides six useful models that you can insert to show the period represented by each compartment.
This device has a security lock that a caregiver can use to restrict access to the alert timer and medication contents.
- Store hundreds of tablets at a time.
- Integrated energy saving.
- Powered by easy-to-find AA batteries.
- LED lighting with alarms to keep you on schedule
- The dose setting is saved even when the battery is depleted.
- Replacing the battery can make it harder for people with dementia or Alzheimer’s.
8. MED-Q Automatic Medication Pill Box Dispenser
Another great product to consider is the automated pill dispenser Med-Q. Although it can only contain two weeks of pills per day, this product has a display that can be easy to read and use. This screen is very functional because it shows the time, day, and time when the next alarm will sound.
On each side of the screen, there are buttons to control the alarm settings. The frequency is much higher than most. Either way, the smaller design is preferred by those who travel or by people who take a small amount of medication about once a day.
- Reliable and practical.
- It has a long lifespan.
- It can be difficult for older adults to listen to.
9. MedCenter 31-Day Pill Organizer
Medcenter pill organizer is one of the best pill vending machines on this list. This includes 31 compartments with 4 internal compartments for a maximum of 4 daily doses. Once the daily dose is finished, the compartment turns green. This reduces confusion about where you stopped and where to start.
The pill dispenser has an integrated alarm system that can be configured to ring up to 4 times a day. A voice reminds you to take the medicine for that particular date. You must press a confirmation button to stop the alarm.
The compartments have dates. You can easily match the date in the compartment to that of your alarm clock and the clock on your screen. This way you are sure to take the right dose. The dispenser is battery-powered and requires readily available AA batteries to operate.
- Easy to use.
- Clarifying the dose in 3 steps.
- You can keep medication for up to a month.
- The voice alarm is a sweeter reminder than ring tones.
- Pimples turn green after the daily dose is over
- Opening the compartments can be difficult for people with dexterity problems.
- Alarms can be turned on or off for even less than 4 doses per day
10. VitaWorks Automatic Pill Dispenser
The Vita works Pill Dispenser is designed to make taking pills precise and easy. There are 28 compartments, each of which can hold up to 18 tablets. Once you’ve loaded it, you can focus on taking your pills for the next month.
The dosing ring helps you to personalize the dispenser according to your daily dose. Once it is time to take the tablets, the tray turns to release the tablets needed for that dose. Security is enhanced by the key that keeps all pills out of reach.
The alarm of this dispenser rings for 30 minutes accompanied by a flashing red light. Whether you’re asleep or hard of hearing, this alarm system will certainly catch your eye. All you have to do is turn around to take your pills and stop the alarm.
- Activated for one month of use by the 28 compartments.
- It runs on batteries and is suitable for travelers.
- It comes with a special key to keep your tablets out of reach.
- You can customize the alarm tone.
- The alarm is only triggered when the medication is taken.
- It must be dispensed for the drug to be released, making it difficult for people with dexterity problems.
When shopping for an automatic pill dispenser for the elderly, many factors must be taken into account to ensure you get the right solution for the patient. These features include;
There are two ways to view capacity concerning tablet dispensers for the elderly. First, the number of locations available, and second, the number of tablets each location can hold at one time. Capacity is important because you don’t want to fill the dispenser every other day.
Ease of use
Most drug distribution systems for seniors have very interesting programming capabilities. Therefore, it is important to effectively program the machine. The machine should be easy for the patient to use when it is time to take the tablets.
The best pill dispenser should be lockable and well-constructed so that the patient cannot open or break it.
A simple alarm may be enough for the youngest, the elderly may need more. It is important to have an audible alarm for the elderly. The best pill dispenser for the elderly with dementia should also blink or buzz for at least 30 minutes.
No one wants to be watched and checked all the time, especially when it comes to doing normal things like taking pills.
A pill dispenser for the elderly will allow the person to take their medication without being constantly reminded by another person. And will, therefore, be able to live at home instead of in assisted care centers.
There is a pill dispenser for everyone. Just make sure your pillbox is right for you. If you are hard of hearing, you should get one that also comes with a flashing light. If you have dexterity issues like arthritis, get a dispenser that automatically releases the drugs without handling them.
And if you’re constantly traveling, get a lightweight battery-powered dispenser. In this way, you can have a healthy and sustainable life. I hope this article will be very helpful to you.